AmericanWinery.com Buyer’s Guide FAQ
AmericanWinery.com offers an online shopping service that facilitates the purchase of wines directly from the winery of your choice. We’re dedicated to providing you with extraordinary customer service and are here to answer any questions you may have. To that end, we’ve created this list of frequently asked questions. Need more help? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can I reach customer service?
- Can I order from multiple wineries at one time?
- Is this a secure site?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- Do you charge sales tax?
- Does AmericanWinery.com ship my order?
- Where will my order ship from?
- Can you ship to my location?
- Can you ship to a P.O. box?
- Must I be present to sign for the delivery of my wines?
- Does AmericanWinery.com offer Expedited Shipping?
- How much does shipping cost?
- How do I track my order?
- When will I receive my order?
- What if the wine I purchase is out of stock?
- Can I return my order?
- Can I cancel my order?
- Who do I contact if there is a problem with my order?
- What type of packaging will my wine arrive in?
- What are weather holds and why is my order on hold?
- Why are some items from my order on weather hold while others are being fulfilled right away?
- How long will my order be on hold?
- When do I find out that my order has been placed on a weather hold?
- How much does expedited shipping cost?
- What does the Expedited Shipping Fee cover?
- Can I override a weather hold?
- How can I track the status of an order placed on weather hold?
- Are you a Winery? Click Here
- Q:How can I reach customer service? Top
- Please email us at email@example.com. You can even reach real people by calling us at 888-ENOLOGY, 9-5 Monday through Friday Pacific Standard Time.
- Q:Can I order from multiple wineries at one time? Top
- Absolutely. The best part of ordering through AmericanWinery.com is that you are able to buy many great wines from different producers across the United States. With one credit card transaction you can buy wine directly from multiple wineries, giving you convenience and saving you time. If you order from multiple wineries you will receive a separate shipment from each winery that you order from.
- Q:Is this a secure site? Top
- AmericanWinery.com is a secure site. We respect your privacy and consider security an extremely important issue. We will never share your personal information with outside parties, our site uses Digicert SSL 256 bit encryption technology and we do not store credit card information on our web server. We are an affiliate member, recognized by the following groups:
- Q:What forms of payment do you accept? Top
Major debit and credit cards including Visa, American Express, Discover, and MasterCard are
- Q:Do you charge sales tax? Top
- All orders are fulfilled directly from the wineries. State sales taxes will vary depending on your billing location and the wineries from which you order wines.
- Q:Does AmericanWinery.com ship my order? Top
- Wine purchased through AmericanWinery.com is shipped from each winery. Our service facilitates the purchase of wine between you and the wineries listed on our site, and orders are shipped from each winery directly to the buyer. AmericanWinery.com does not stock any wine at our location, nor do we hold wines that are purchased from wineries through our site. AmericanWinery.com will administrate order processing and manage your account on behalf of our winery partners.
- Q:Where will my order ship from? Top
- All orders are shipped from the winery’s location or their storage and fulfillment facilities. These locations vary depending on the winery you select. If you place an order that includes wine from several different wineries, your wine will arrive in separate shipments from each winery you purchase from. Shipping charges are also calculated on a per winery basis. (see “ How much does shipping cost?”)
- Q:Can you ship to my location? Top
Due to various state laws, some wineries are restricted from shipping wine directly to some
states. To narrow your browsing experience to show only wines that are available to ship to
your state, use our Ship-to State Selector! Please note these laws are changing frequently; so
checking back with us for state shipping status is recommended. Our winery partners cannot
ship outside of the U.S., to U.S. territories such as Puerto Rico, or to Military and A.P.O.
addresses. Check out
learn more about unfair state shipping regulations and what you can do if your state doesn't
accept direct shipping from America's wine producers.
- Q:Can you ship to a P.O. box? Top
- Our winery partners do not ship to P.O. boxes. An adult, 21 years or older, must be present to sign for each shipment; UPS and FedEx do require proper identification. To avoid unnecessary delays and complications during transit and delivery, we suggest that you use your business address, or make arrangements for an adult to be present at the delivery location.
- Q:Must I be present to sign for the delivery of my wines? Top
- To prevent minors from buying or accepting alcohol purchases, an adult, 21 years or older, must be present to sign for each shipment; UPS and FedEx do require proper identification. This person may be an adult besides yourself, but they must be 21 or older with an acceptable form of ID present at time of delivery. UPS and FedEx will not deliver to adults who are visibly intoxicated at the time of delivery in accordance with Federal law. To avoid unnecessary delays and complications during transit and delivery, we suggest that you use your business address, or make arrangements for a legal adult to be present at the delivery location. If after several delivery attempts the shipper returns the package to the winery, you will be responsible for the initial shipping fees. Should this occur, we will contact you and you can either cancel the order and receive a refund for your order less the initial shipping fees, or pay for a second shipment. If you have placed an order and are unable to have an adult present at the time of delivery, please call 888-ENOLOGY (888-366-5649) to speak with a representative. In some cases we may be able to change the shipping address if the order is not in the final stages of fulfillment.
- Q:Does AmericanWinery.com offer Expedited Shipping? Top
- You can select either Standard or Expedited Shipping on all orders placed on the site. Standard Shipping covers ground service by either UPS or FedEx as chosen by the Winery at the time of shipment. Expedited Shipping in most cases covers 2-day Air or Overnight Delivery as chosen by the winery at the time of shipment.
- Q:How much does shipping cost? Top
Shipping fees are calculated based on the number of bottles bought from one winery.
AmericanWinery.com does not have the ability to put wine from two different wineries into the
same shipment because wine is sold and shipped from each winery. Shipping Fees are determined
- Standard Shipping:
- 1-3 bottles per winery $15.00
- 4-6 bottles per winery $20.00
- 7-12 bottles per winery $25.00
- $2.00 for every additional bottle after 12 bottles from the same winery
Example of how shipping charges are calculated:
If you order six bottles from one winery, and three bottles from another, your shipping would be calculated as follows: six bottles from winery A = $20.00, three bottles from winery B = $15.00, your total shipping charges would equal = $35.00.
However, if you ordered nine bottles from one winery your shipping would only cost $25.00.