Select Direct. Your selection. Shipped from the source.
AmericanWinery.com is pleased to provide you with Winery-Direct information.
Atwater Estate vineyard’s 2007 Chardonnay is a crisp, clean, well-balanced wine. Our mature Chardonnay vines lay on our west-facing slope near the shores of Seneca Lake. Malolactic was completed at 100%, we fermented 15% of this wine in traditional Burgundy style French oak barrels to add complexity and creaminess and the remaining 85% was done in stainless steel. One will find a richness of fruit ~ apples and lemon, along with a hint of toasted hazelnuts. Enjoy this Chardonnay with rich and creamy foods.
- 750 ml (Standard Bottle): 461
Winemakers like Chardonnay because it is so pliant. The grapes themselves do not have particularly strong flavors or aromas, allowing the winemaker to tailor the wine to the market – or to his or her own liking. It ages equally well in both stainless steel and oak barrels. Aging Chardonnay in stainless steel preserves the fruity character of the grape, while aging in oak imparts a toasty-vanilla flavor to a young wine or a more complex flavor and richer texture to a mature wine.
- Total Acidity: 7.1
- Wine pH: 3.51
- Kind White
- Type Chardonnay
- Appellation Finger Lakes
- Finished Alcohol 12.0%
- Cases Produced 461
- Volume 750mL